Are you searching for a baby stroller that is versatile, has plenty of room for accessories and most importantly is extra comfortable for your child?
With the wide variety of baby strollers on the market today, it can be challenging to find the right stroller for your needs. Since you already have enough on your hands, stick with me and I’ll help you find the right travel systems for you and your baby.
Top 10 Baby Stroller Reviews
So here is a compilation of the hottest trends in strollers for babies and toddlers:
1.The First Years Burst Stroller
The really nice thing about this stroller is that it has a double set of wheels on both front and back, making it easy to maneuver just about anywhere. It comes in a variety of colors and looks pretty good, as strollers go.
It is very reasonably priced, so using it as an alternative stroller for traveling or quick trips to the store is not cost prohibitive and will fit most budgets.Check Price On Amazon
2.Baby Trend Expedition LX Baby Travel System
It is an all-in-one travel system that consists of an infant car seat, a base on the child’s tray to support the car seat, and a full swivel wheel jogging stroller.
Overall, the Baby Trend Expedition LX is a travel system for babies that is hard to beat in quality features at the selling price.
we would recommend it to a friend who is on a budget, mostly uses their jogger around town, and only runs short distances on smooth surfaces.Check Price On Amazon
3.Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
The click connect is so easy to use and the stroller is easy to pop open and fold close. It’s great for walks around the neighborhood but especially great on grass, cobblestone, or any non-asphalt/concrete surface.
The air-filled tires and lockable front wheel provide a smooth, steady ride – and if you want to run errands after a run, just unlock the front wheel and the stroller maneuvers nimbly. The basket is deep and easily accessible, and the trays (for both parents and kids alike) are designed with actual use in mind.
For starters, you can actually use it from day one with the SnugRide Click Connect 35 infant car seat, which swiftly clicks into the top of the stroller – no adapter required.
Also, this is great if you are tall because the handles are up high. The compartment for cell phone and keys is handy, too. Parents who want to hit the road running with their baby in tow will love many of the features on Graco’s first-ever jogging stroller.Check Price On Amazon
4.Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller
To keep kids comfy and nice, Graco Duoglider double stroller offers two reclining seats, rotating canopy, child’s tray and foot rest. The stroller is highly capable of accommodating two kids weighing 80 pounds.
The stroller also features lockable front and larger storage basket to make maneuvering easy and hassle free.
Another benefit of this tandem stroller is that it can be assembled easily. It only takes few minutes of your time in assembling this then yoau are good to go. However, you need to exert extra force in snapping the tray to place.
Overall, majority of the parents still find it good to use as it has definitely made bringing their child along for strolls, trips and errands easier. At such a good price deal with more pros and cons, this stroller came highly recommended.Check Price On Amazon
5.Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Stroller
The Summit X3 Single from Baby Jogger is supposed to be highly maneuverable on any type of terrain, while also being versatile enough for everyday use. This stroller is equipped with a remote swivel lock that lets you lock the front wheel when you’re running to provide added stability. Otherwise, the front wheel swivels so you can change direction easily while walking.
Well, I can tell you that this stroller is amazing. Not only is the quality absolutely amazing, but it’s so easy to push around and maneuver that most of the time it feels as if it’s moving by itself. The Summit is also really easy to fold up. In fact, most of the time I can do it one handed, which is great when you have a small baby.
Another thing I like about this stroller is the sunshade. It’s big enough to cover everything, and it has flaps that I can open up if I need to. The swivel lock is pretty cool as well, because it’s easy to use and you don’t even have to stop the stroller to engage or disengage it.
So, I liked this stroller, but wasn’t completely sold on it being the best jogging stroller, especially since it’s over $300. I wanted to do more research before making a decision.
And before you ask, I borrowed it from my cousin. She’s taking a break from jogging, and she has another stroller for everyday use, which is why she let me have it.Check Price On Amazon
6.Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller
Now, I have to tell you that I haven’t tested this one personally. However, I did grill a friend of mine about it and got a chance to check it out in person. First of all, I have to say that I really like the look of this stroller. The different shades of gray are offset really nicely by the orange, and it looks like a stroller instead of some weird contraption, like some other jogger strollers I won’t be mentioning. It’s also available in black and purple, but I haven’t seen it person. The pictures do look nice, though.
What my friend really likes about this stroller is that it accepts the Graco Click Connect car seat, meaning she can just pick up her baby—car seat and all—and settle him in the stroller without having to fiddle too much. It’s one of the reasons she bought the stroller and the car seat.
It has rubber tires filled with air, using the same principle as a car, which means it’s pretty smooth going, regardless of whether it’s on concrete or rough terrain. The seat reclines and can be locked into multiple positions, and it has really nice padding, which would make for a really comfy ride. Considering it’s under $200, it definitely went to the top of my wish list.Check Price On Amazon
7.Jeep Overland Limited Jogging Stroller
The next jogging stroller I found, through another friend, was the Jeep Overland. Yes, it’s actually a Jeep stroller. I couldn’t believe it either, but figured it had to be good. And I was right! This thing is more like a spaceship than a jogging stroller.
It’s got everything you would expect on a jogging stroller, along with an iBaby sound system that plays music for you and the baby, an odometer that tells you how fast you’re going and how far you’ve gone, cup holders, and a handle that adjusts for your height. I think the only thing it doesn’t do is make the coffee.
It’s also got a decent-sized cargo basket for those moments when you have to pop into the store to get a few odds and ends, and it also has a nice canopy that is adjustable for those moments when shade is a must.
However, what I wasn’t too fond of was the fixed front wheel. While running, you need to front wheel to be fixed to make sure the stroller is stable, and so it doesn’t veer off course.
On the other hand, when you’re just out for a stroll, it’s annoying to keep having to pull back on the handle to change direction. Seeing as this stroller retails for under $200, I guess it’s not that bad, though, especially when you consider the extras. But I still wasn’t convinced I’d found the best jogging stroller, so my search continued.Check Price On Amazon
8.Mountain Buggy Terrain Stroller
When I first saw the Mountain Buggy Terrain Stroller, I wasn’t too sure about it. For some reason, it looks to me like a very big insect. But the fact is that my best friend’s colleague swears by it. She went through a similar process to me when hunting for the best jogging stroller and she said this was the only one that offered everything she wanted.
She says it’s easy to maneuver, offers her baby a comfortable ride, and it has a 5-point safety harness so she doesn’t need to worry about safety. The seat reclines all the way, meaning that it’s as good for a newborn as it is for a toddler. That’s definitely something that got me thinking because it means she’ll get quite a few years of use out of the stroller.
I’m really happy with my decision. It’s not only the best jogging stroller for my needs, but it’s one I’m going to be keeping for a long time. After all, when we decide to have another child, it will definitely come in handy.
So, while I was thoroughly tempted, I still wasn’t sure. And it wasn’t a matter of price, even though it retails for over $400. It was more a matter of the look. It just wasn’t right for me, though it is a wonderful jogging stroller.Check Price On Amazon
9.BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller
The BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller is the one I ended up buying. I fell in love with it after a two-minute test. It not only looks great—I bought the orange version, which looks amazing with black and gray accents—but it’s easy to maneuver, has a great suspension system, and the seat is really well padded, meaning that my baby will always be comfy.
Like the Mountain Buggy, the seat reclines all the way, so I’ll be able to use it for a quite a while. The front wheel swivels, meaning that I can use it when I’m out for a walk, or when I’m jogging, since it’s lockable. It’s also easy to fold away and fits perfectly in the back of my SUV.
And it’s also quite sturdy, which means it can take a few knocks here and there. It might not sound important, but I tend to be a bit clumsy at times, so it’s really great for me.
It was not only allow you to go for a run in almost any surface while keeping baby safe and comfortable, but also give you the freedom to unlock the front wheel and glide your way through the tight spaces that keep fixed front wheel joggers away.
With the BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller, you get all the comfort and safety options you need as a parent, with plenty of features that make it easy for you to stay active at the same time.It is so versatile that, we consider it the one that best helps new moms get back to exercising outdoors.
The seat also reclines to about 70 degrees from vertical, which is perfect for my needs. And it comes with all these nifty pockets, and hanging basket, meaning that I have a place to put everything I need for me and my baby when I’m out jogging or hiking.
So, I pretty much love my BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller. I paid a little over $300 for it, but it’s worth every cent because it really is the best jogging stroller for me. It’s nice to look at, it does what I want it to do and more, and there are all sorts of accessories available, like a snack tray. On top of that, it’s really well built, and you can tell that it’s a quality product.Check Price On Amazon
10.Deuter Kid Comfort III Child Carrier
The Deuter Kid Comfort III child carrier is a great backpack for serious hikers. Although it costs more than other carriers, many parents attest that it is well worth the price.
Parents like the The Deuter Kid Comfort III because it is very comfortable to use. It is very well engineered. Tthe strong internal aluminum frame and good weight distribution are very helpful to people who had backaches after using other backpacks. These people often find that their back is fine after hiking with the Deuter Kid Comfort III.
In addition, the Deuter Kid Comfort III has a hydration pouch and lots of useful pockets that you can use to store things for yourself and your baby.
The backpack is very comfortable for kids too. They are generally happy when riding in it and find it easy to to fall asleep during a hike. The seat is wide and very soft, and the head rest is great for those sleeping times. The sun shade works well and will protect your child from the sun, branches, and other elements during your hike. The 5 point harness keeps your child safe in place, and has an easy to use adjustment system.
It is very easy to get the child in and out of the carrier. It is also very easy to get the sun/rain shield in and out and set up. These things are very important during a hike. The carrier has lots of room to grow so it can be used for many years until he or she reaches 48.5 pounds.
The Deuter Kid Comfort III is adjustable in many ways so that it fits children of different sizes and adults of different heights and torso length, and it is very easy to switch it between adults.
The Deuter Kid Comfort III can be used in the airport and grocery store as well.
Deuter Kid Comfort III is similar to the Kid Comfort II. In addition to all the benefits of the Kid Comfort II you will also get :
- H-Style Harness
- High backrest
- Attached Sun Roof
- More storage space
- A child mirror to view the passenger
Before you use the Deuter Kid Comfort III is it a good idea to ask your doctor if your child is ready to sit in a carrier. Your child should be able to hold their head upright and sit on their own.
Whether you want to use the Deuter Kid Comfort III in the airport, zoo, rainforests, or even grocery store, this carrier is a great one to cosider.
11.Baby Jogger City Elite Single Stroller
Unlike other ‘all-terrain’ strollers, the Baby Jogger City Elite can be used from the birth of your baby until a weight of 75 pounds (this weight must, however, include the contents of the storage compartments).
The pronounced sun visor gives good shielding from the light as well as providing enough ventilation. It also has transparent plastic windows so that you can keep an eye on baby at all times.
The 12 inch wheels are tires and thus allow it to ride easily on snow or on sand. The front wheel swivels for precise handling and can also be locked for long distances. It is equipped with suspension, which makes the ride comfortable on rough terrain. The seat reclines up until a lying down position.
The Baby Jogger City Elite stroller is fitted with an adjustable handlebar, six pockets for storage, a basket under the seat and a hand brake in the rear. It folds up in just one simple step.
- It is heavy to carry (25 pounds);
- The handlebar is not reversible;
- It is more bulky than a ‘classic’ or ‘convertible’ stroller.
12.BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller
Do you have a winter baby, are you active or do you live in the countryside? You’ll need a stroller which moves well on rough surfaces.
Very small once folded, the Bob Revolution stroller will be appreciated by running enthusiasts as much as by those who often travel by car.
It is recommended for babies from 3 months, and then up until a weight of 70 pounds. It is light weight and folds rapidly in two stages.
What’s more, for even easier storage, the wheels can be removed quickly and easily. The seat is upholstered and reclines up to 150° (thus, not into a completely horizontal position).
This stroller has great maneuverability since:
- Its wheels are as big at the back as at the front;
- Its wheels have inner tubes;
- Its front wheels pivot (with the option of locking);
- Its suspension comes in 3 levels to reduce vibrations and rebounds.
- The BOB Revolution not recommended for babies under the age of 3 months (as the seat does not recline completely);
- It takes up more space than a ‘classic’ or ‘convertible’ stroller.
13.UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
The Uppababy ‘Vista’ stroller competes with the ‘Bugaboo’. Indeed, it is also part of the ‘convertible’ category of strollers which fold easily, or in one step, and this with or without the seat. However, contrary to the ‘Bugaboo’, the Uppababy Vista stroller becomes very compact.
It’s a stroller which can be used from the birth of the baby until he reaches 50 pounds. It comes with both the cradle, fully lined with organic soybean fiber and cotton, and the seat. The latter is ergonomic, offering 3 reclining positions up until the lying down position and is reversible, which allows you to position the baby facing towards you.
Moreover, its height is adjustable. Therefore, you can easily be closer to your baby. It is also possible to add an extra seat. However, they cannot be positioned to face you. The material of the seat is removable and machine washable.
The sun visor has a practical zipper which allows for the protection of baby against the elements. A mosquito net is included. The rubber wheels, equipped with suspension, are bigger at the rear than at the front for improved maneuverability. Finally, theUppababy Vista has a large basket under the seat for the transport of accessories.
The handlebar isn’t reversible. These are the seats that you have to manipulate to position baby facing you or with his back to you. What’s more, for safety reasons, it is not advisable to do this if baby is already installed in the seat.
14.Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
One of our friends recently bought the Chicco Cortina Double Stroller and seems to think it is the best double stroller that they have tried and it seems to be well recommended by many in the Double Stroller community.
I decided to do a short summary of the Chicco Cortina Double Stroller for your information.
- It has a good sturdy frame yet is lightweight compared to the competitors. Like how they can fit the car seat in to the front or back position easily without additional straps.
- Well padded seats that seems easily cleaned
- Easily folded and stands alone once folded, and is compact enough to fit in trunk of small Suv. It can still be rolled along in folded position which is great if you are travelling.
- Up to 4 cup holders if you fit bar with two cup holders to front, two at handle level, they sometimes give out that their is no cup holder for rear compartment, but it is not a big issue.
- Decent size underbasket with zipper compartment and easily got at, compared to a lot of double strollers in the marketplace.
- Seat in rear compartment fully reclines with only partial recline on front. The heavier child can be put in either compartment which is a great benefit if one of the children is needs extra attention.
- Easy to get the children in and out of both compartments without breaking your back
- Steers and Maneuvers well it is relatively narrow as seats are 14″ wide which is adequate, overall length is 4ft from front to rear excluding handle which certainly is a massive advantage. The front wheels can swivel or lock in position which makes it more all terrain than the competition.
- 5 point harness system fitted and easy to operate.
- Has an adjustable handle height which suits as both parents are of different stature.
- Wheels are a good size giving it a smooth ride and the feeling that the children are very comfortable with the ride. Brakes and wheel locks also work well.
- Canopies are a bit on the small size, but are adjustable so that they protect from rain or sun pretty well.
Overall their belief and indeed my own researches show that the Chicco double stroller has got very positive reviews, is seen as a quality value for money product that is ideal for a baby and toddler. The fact that the baby seat easily snaps into place is a big bonus for many users.
In my view the chicco cortina double stroller model is also the best double stroller if you want an all round unit which is easily stowed and relatively lightweight and has features not seen in much more expensive double strollers.
15.Graco Quattro Tour Reverse Travel System Stroller
The Graco Quattro Tour is the best value for money stroller. First of all, this ‘classic’ stroller is sold with a car seat.
It thus allows you to avoid an extra expense! It is robust; possessing 4 doubled front wheels, a little larger than other strollers of the same category. This characteristic improves the maneuverability of the stroller.
Moreover, it’s foldable with only one hand! The seat reclines into 4 positions until completely lying down. The hood has a window so that you can easily see baby.
It also has a large storage basket under the seat. And finally, you’ll love the price of the Graco Quattro Tour stroller!
- The wheels are plastic, allowing for walks mostly on flat surfaces;
- The wheels don’t have suspension and can’t support the weight of a second child on the step;
- The handlebar is not reversible;
- It is quite heavy (28 pounds);
- It remains bulky when it’s folded.
I have had a number of people contacting me saying the Graco Quattro Tour Dou was one of the best double strollers, I was reluctant to research it , until I realized this model was not part of the Graco recall and that it indeed had many superb features that made it a quality, value for money tandem double stroller.
- The Graco Quattro Tour Duo is a strong sturdy tandem double stroller. The rear compartment of the stroller is suitable for a new born baby. It can take two baby seats if being used for twins. The rear seat is higher to provide additional comfort for child in the rear. The rear compartment fully reclines.
- Suited for children from 0 – 36 months.
- Both compartment are well padded and comfortable
- Storage basket is generouly sized and has a lowering function for easy access.
- Both comparments have a a snack and drink holder for children and an additional two cupholders for adults. The cup holders easily come off too leaving only a plastic ring .
- Frame is narrow (23″) so doorways or shopping isles should not be a problem.
- The sunshades are adequate, and the rear shade is quite large and they are removable.
- It’s a bit heavy @ circa 39 pounds weight, compared to other tandems but it’s an extremely robust tandem.
- Some people say it is difficult to maneuver if terrain is rough but it has a U-shaped handle which was designed to assist maneuverability.
- Take up quite a bit of room in vehicle trunk, upside down with wheels facing up is best, wheels clip off to make it more compact if necessary
- Wheels are 9″ diameter.
- Both kids can be reclined or sit upright at the same time, the front compartment does not recline flat.
- Front bar can be removed as child gets older, allowing them to hop on & off
- Easy to fold and open as a one hand operation.
- 2 position U shaped handle
- 2 easy to operate 5 point harness restraint systems fitted.
- Various accessories such as rain covers available
- Various colors and models to suit your need available.
Overall the Graco quattro tour duo seems a good buy, it is about mid range price of the various double strollers available in a similar category. It is a well built robust, sturdy double stroller and the biggest complaint seems to be that some people feel it is a little heavy. Its well thought out features such as storage space, cup holders etc make it a very popular unit.
Peg-Perego Pliko P3 Stroller
This Italian company makes a multitude of strollers, quite popular with new parents. Indeed, you can find something for all tastes and they are good quality.
What’s more, their suspension allows them to be loaded with the weight of a second child on the step. Their weight limit is thus fairly high.
The Peg Perego Pliko P3 is the basic and most popular model. This ‘classic’ stroller can be used from the birth of the baby, and then until baby reaches 40 pounds. It can be closed with one hand and stands when folded. It doesn’t take up much more space than a golf bag! It is therefore light (around 18 pounds). The guard is easily fixed in position. The step has a rubber grip for the second child to stand up in complete security.
The wheels have suspension. The front wheels swivel for more maneuverability or can be fixed to facilitate long distance strolls. The seat reclines into 4 positions up until the lying down position, and underneath it there is a large, practical basket for transporting accessories. The hood transforms into a sun visor. Its great advantage is that, thanks to its simplicity, it can subsequently take on the function of an umbrella stroller!
– The handlebar consists of two handles. Although they are adjustable, they are less practical than a full handlebar when you have to grab hold of the stroller quickly;
– The handlebar isn’t reversible;
– The wheels, of a small size, make this stroller less easy to use in the snow or on rough terrain.
Peg-Perego Aria Twin 60/40 Stroller
The Peg-Pérego Aria Twin 60-40 is the twin version of the compact Peg-Pérego Pliko P3 stroller. It is ultra-light, takes up very little room when folded and is much appreciated by new parents of twins. Indeed, it is possible to lie two newborns down inside. You can also add a car seat onto one side of it.
Therefore, it is very convenient for two children of different ages: the car seat on the ‘60’ side and an older child on the ‘40’ side. Afterwards, when they grow up, it will be the opposite: the eldest on the ‘60’ side and the younger will use the ‘40’ side.
The Peg-Pérego Aria Twin 60-40 is fitted with two large individual roofs which are adjusted separately and trays at the front which open or close independently, thus facilitating access to each child in their seat. This reclines up until a lying down position. Moreover, this stroller stands when folded.
- It is wide, since the two seats are situated side by side (which is to be avoided in narrow spaces);
- The small wheels require walking on a flat surface;
- The handlebar is not reversible.
Peg Perego Uno Stroller
The Peg-Pérego Uno is a lot like the ‘Pliko P3’ for the following reasons:
- It can be used from the birth of the baby until he reaches 40 pounds;
- A guard is easily attached;
- The step has a rubber grip for the second child;
- The wheels are equipped with suspension;
- The front wheels swivel for more maneuverability or can be fixed for long distances;
- A large, practical basket is available under the seat to transport accessories;
- The hood can be transformed into a sun visor.
The differences of the Peg-Pérego Uno
- It’s a ‘convertible’ and not a ‘classic’ stroller;
- The wheels, smaller than the last one, are made of rubber and allow for better handling on surfaces which are a little rough or covered in a little snow;
- There is a full handlebar (instead of two handles), which is adjustable and reversible, thus allowing you to position the baby facing towards you;
- The seat reclines in 3 positions until it is in the lying down position;
- It is a little heavier (around 22 pounds).
- The tray of the Peg Perego Uno is difficult to remove, which is complicated by the fact that the infant is seated on the seat when they are a little larger;
- It maneuvers less well when the baby is positioned facing us, since the big rear wheels (which thus become the front wheels) are fixed.
BOB Ironman Duallie Stroller
No wonder the Bob Ironman Duallie has been given the title of the official “Ironman Triathlon licensed baby stroller”. This is the ultimate stroller for running on the open roads. Its 16″ fixed slick wheels, adjustable tracking and shock absorbers make this stroller a force to be reckoned with.
The Bob Ironman Duallie is excellent for running or jogging because it has adjustable tracking and shock absorbers to minimize any possible veering or bouncing. The tires are made for on-road exercising and help to provide a productive workout and pace.
If you are ready to do some serious on-road running then the Bob Ironman Duallie is the one to choose.
Today’s options include travel systems that simulate buggies or carry your child as if he or she were in a basket. For active parents, jogging strollers and durable travel systems are available that can easily collapse for storage and easy put-away are a great solution.
Strollers are just one of the many modes of baby transport available but the thing I have noticed with my eldest just turning twenty-one and all the others aged at stages somewhere in between is that, as you can imagine, a lot has changed about what people tell you to do since our first! When to wean them, how to put them to bed, what they should and shouldn’t be exposed to… and added to that there are that so many strollers out there now that I thought I would share all of my findings with you again to help out other parents that just aren’t sure what type to get!
So, that’s the why… let me tell you a little about the how with Best Strollers on the market! The way I have set this site out is just me putting what I am thinking down on the page when I see something I like (or hate!) but at the same time I try and review strollers and car seats, that sort of thing, when I come across something that seems to be a popular type. One thing I have learnt though is that the different styles aren’t just out there to make it difficult to choose, they all have a place and a function where they make sense.
Choosing a stroller is a complex and dull task. There are models for every need, and all have their strengths and weaknesses. So, say hello to headaches! Your choice of stroller will depend on your location and your lifestyle. Indeed, you’ll appreciate a stroller for its light weight and its compact storage if you live on a small third floor apartment.
On the other hand, if you’re an athletic type, a model for all terrains will make you happy. That being said, the perfect stroller doesn’t exist! The good qualities of one will be the defects of another. So everything depends upon your needs.
However, they say that there is almost no such thing as a bad product; there are only bad choices! Here is a quick selection which will make your task a little easier.
For example if you know you want to keep fit and will be using walks around the park with your new baby as part of this then you will want to check out the best jogging stroller that would suit you as these are made for that little extra off-road action.
But if you have been lucky enough to get more than one delivery this time round then you will need to see what the best stroller would be to suit your budget and needs, and these also come in a keep fit option such as the Baby Trend double jogging stroller that I have taken a look at for you.
If getting down the aisle at the supermarket with twins scares you then there are strollers out there such as the Contours Options tandem stroller which make this worry go away! And they can be great if you have kids close together that aren’t twins too.
Best Stroller Brands
Graco has long been a leader in the world of baby products. Offering a wide range of products, from baby monitors to high chairs, Graco knows the baby business and knows what parents are looking for when it comes to the products they’re purchasing.
Graco is a company you can trust, safety is always a top priority, but the company also recognizes that parents are looking for products that have some style and design in addition to function.
Things To Consider Before You Buy A Stroller
There are so many types of baby strollers and multiple brands. There seems to be a stroller for every use and lifestyle these days! And to top it off, they can be expensive! You’ll use a stroller for quite a long time so its important to consider your needs and lifestyle before choosing. There is a stroller for everyone!
Make sure the stroller is stable and sturdy. If there’s a place for diaper bags and other items, test it out and make sure the stroller won’t tip and isn’t cumbersome for you. Also make sure you check the harnesses. A five point harness is the best option but a three point harness will do if you plan to use the stroller for short errands. When looking at the harness, look for places is may pinch or have sharp edges.
Buckles should be easy to snap and unsnap. The straps should loop around the waist with a crotch strap to prevent your child from sliding out of the stroller. A five point harness is a must with a jogging stroller.
You also want a stroller that is easy to fold and unfold. Make sure you look for a mechanism that only requires you to use one hand or one foot to open and close the stroller. This leaves your other arm free to hold you baby.
Stroller Wheels and Handles
You may not have considered this before, but where the handles are placed is very important. You don’t want to be hunched over or have your arms/wrists in an awkward postion while pushing. Foam covered handles will be much more comfortable.
You also need to check the wheels. Make sure the stroller feels stable and takes corners well. You also need to make sure your feet don’t hit the wheels as you push. If you’re buying a jogging stroller, you may want to jog around with it to make sure this doesn’t happen.
These are the heavy weight class in strollers! The advantages are that they have more room, larger wheels, more storage and more convenience features. They are extremely versatile! The downside is they can be difficult to handle in crowds. While they do fold down for travel, they are heavier and more cumbersome to lift in and out of your car. If you live in an urban environment where you rely on public transportation, this won’t be your best option.
Strollers for Multiples
If you have more than one child that’s still stroller age, these can make outings extremely easy. The most easily recognized multiple stroller is the twin or triple stroller that accomodate children who are roughly the same age. However there are now strollers that have space where one child can stand and ride or space below where they can sit.
Stroller today come with a wide assortment of convenience features these days. You can get anything from a coffee cup holder to built in stereo system! While some of these features are pretty slick, you do pay a price for them. Consider what you really need before you spend.
Strollers are made from steel, plastic, aluminium or a combination of materials. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. While steel and aluminium lasts longer, its heavier. Plastic may not last as long but is lighter and easier to move around. Another thing to look at is the fabric. Make sure its removable for cleaning.
Think about how you’ll be using your stroller. Do you plan on running errands and going on several outings? You’ll need something lightweight and less bulky to make these easier experiences.
If you’re active, you may want to consider a jogging stroller in additio to your everyday stroller. Also, think about where you live and how you get around. You’ll be much happier with a lightweight umbrella stroller if you live in an urban environment and/or use public transportation.
Also consider whether or not you plan to have more than one child. If so, you may want to invest in a higher quality, more expensive stroller you can use with more than one child.
Stroller accessories make the trip more convenient! It’s the little touches that make all the difference! When you shop for stroller accessories online, you can find the items that will make your day a little easier and your child’s face a little brighter. Likes a cup holder or sun shade are essential for your baby to have a pleasant excursion.
There are a large variety of stroller accessories available, depending which model stroller you have purchased for yourself and your child. Since the baby-stroller will be one of the main modes of transportation of your baby and infant in the years to come, it pays to make an investment in quality stroller accessories that will make your life a little more convenient.
Choose from rain covers, additional cushions for your child to sit on, car seat-to-stroller adapters, cases, fleece liners for when it’s cooler outside and a multitude of other options. Items such as a take along arch provide your child with additional entertainment as he or she accompanies you on your various errands throughout the day and night. Insert a cup holder in your baby-stroller and enjoy the added convenience of having stroller accessories specially designed for your convenience!
Browse around online to find the stroller accessories that can make all the difference in your next day trip or afternoon excursion! From a special cup holder, take along arch of toys, baby carrier and more, the possibilities are as endless as your imagination!
10 Safety Tips All Parents Should Know About Baby Strollers
Most families with children own a stroller at some point. Since the dawn of modern parenthood, mothers and fathers have been using various brands of strollers and then improving upon the designs therein over time.
After lots of research, savvy stroller users now understand the most important safety procedures. Unless you want to learn the hard way, it is probably the wisest choice that you get to know them as well. Otherwise, you could face avoidable disaster in the future.
Common sense says that you do not allow your child to travel in a stroller that is unsafe. However, a lot of accidents are due to human error and not because of the stroller itself. By understanding how to safely use your stroller you will not have to continually worry about the effects of user error or equipment malfunction. Instead, you will be able to enjoy your stress-free trip without anyone getting hurt.
- Skim the Owner’s Manual. It is not going to be an interesting read but it is necessary. Read through the guide to see if there are any features or warnings that you should know before placing your baby into it. If you avoid this because you feel it is unnecessary, you could up being more sorry than safe.
- Register your stroller. You will want to do this before you use it. This action will allow you to become informed in the event of any recalls or safety concerns. Without this knowledge, you could be pushing your child around in an unsafe model.
- Use the harnesses provided. There is a reason why the stroller features various harnesses and safety straps. Disaster can happen when you least expect it. Using the safety measures provided will help you avoid unwanted consequence.
- Track your child’s growth. At some point, your little baby is going to outgrow her stroller; and you will need to upgrade. On the contrary, some bigger strollers are considered inappropriate for smaller children. Make sure you know whether or not your child is the right size for the stroller you have chosen.
- Always accompany your child. Though your precious baby may be strapped into the stroller with all the harnesses, terrible things can still happen. Leaving your child unattended is a bad choice for several obvious reasons. Do not allow your stroller to give you a false sense of security. It’s also a good idea to use a baby monitor to keep tab on your child.
- Avoid using stairs and escalators. If possible, try to use elevators or other alternative means of getting around when you have a baby in a stroller. When this is not possible, it might be best for you to remove the baby before you ascending.
- Check the attachments often. Many strollers come with convenient attachments; but those extra features are not so convenient when someone gets hurt due to a malfunction. Ensure your attachments are locked securely into place both before and during use.
- No playing in or on the stroller. Your baby may become attached to their stroller after prolonged use, but that is not excuse to let them treat it like a play pen. Make sure you teach your children that playing in or on their stroller is not at all safe, even if you really see no harm in it. You will be happy that you did.
- Don’t hang things on the handle. This can make your stroller imbalanced which could result in disaster. Instead, opt for a stroller with extra storage and keep everyone safe.
- Park it with the brakes on. Anytime you park your stroller with a child in it, you need to put on the parking brake – even if you park on level ground. In addition, make sure you test the brakes periodically to make sure they work properly. Remember, bad brakes can cause bad breaks.
As you can see, there are many things to consider before buying a stroller. One of the best things you can do is talk to other parents, find out the brand and model of the stroller they use and ask what they like/don’t like about it. Make a list of all of the strollers, the likes/dislikes and then narrow down the ones you think work best for you.
Once you have a few to consider, go to a baby store where you can actually look and test drive those strollers. Don’t feel obligated to buy right away! You can often find much better deals online!
I Hope You Enjoy Looking Around Best Strollers! Anyway, enough about what you can find on the site, I’ll leave you to go searching around for it and I hope it really does help you choose the best strollers for you and your child, thank you so much for visiting my little site and let me know if I can so anything to help you out with getting the right stroller for you!
In case you are looking for a good way to keep tab on your baby all the time, check out our baby monitor review.